This is my Heaven on Earth...

This is my Heaven on Earth...

Monday, December 12, 2011

So blessed

I just need to take a minute and write about how blessed I am. Being a mother is so incredible. Words can't even describe my love for these little boys. When I gave birth to Wyatt almost 2 and half years ago...my whole life changed forever. It was so amazing the feelings and emotions that came over me the second I saw my son. When I got pregnant again with baby #2 I wondered if I would love this baby as much as Wyatt. Hudson came and I cried the minute I laid eyes on him. It is so amazing the love a mother has for her children. And how you can love each one the same. I am so blessed to call them "mine." 

I know my mother felt the same for her children. She was the bravest person I will ever know. Being a mom makes me think a lot about my own mom and her feelings for us. I can't imagine the pain she must have felt knowing she was going to leave this earth sooner than planned and have to leave her children behind. I can't even bear the thought. She was a strong woman, so strong words can't even explain. I am grateful for her example. So blessed to call her "mine." She knew we would be together again, that must be what helped her get through.
I am so grateful that God gave us the wonderful blessing of being sealed to our families for all eternity. I miss my mom daily. There are so many things I wish. I wish she was here to come play with my babies while I took a nap or got some laundry done. I wish we could go shopping and out to lunch. I wish she could help me babysit. I know I wouldn't even need to ask, she would just show up at my doorstep. I miss our conversations, our secrets. I miss being able to tell her anything and everything. She was the most understanding person I've ever met. Never judged me. Most of all I wish she could hold her sweet grandsons. Oh my goodness....how in love she would be with them! Each one of her grandchildren!

I am so blessed to be sealed to my beautiful babies, my loving husband, my sweet mother and all of my dear family.

I am so blessed & eternally indebted to my Heavenly Father for the incredible blessings he has bestowed upon me. Grateful for the wonderful people in my life. So blessed to have the Gospel.
Love you all!

4 comments:

nate and amy crandell said...

Such a sweet post Tatum! Love you girl, I'm so blessed to know you :)

Lindsee said...

Thank you for this post. I can't imagine how people live life with all the hardships not knowing or having a testimony of eternal families. What a blessing that is. Thanks for putting some perspective in my day.

And when are we ever going to get together?!? :) Someday...

Jonny and Brittany said...

It's that time of year again- where we start to think about those we love and have lost- having lost my sister and my dad I know it can be so hard! I have recently been thinking how hard it's going to be having my baby boy without my dad around :( Your mom was amazing and I know she knows those little boys from up in heaven. :)

With Love, Bobbi said...

Beautiful post. Enjoyed reading your testimony of eternal families. We are the blessed ones to have you in our lives. Thanks for being such a wonderful mom to those two sweet boys and a beautiful(in so many ways) wife to Klete.